Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - Veleta Brut Vino Espimoso Rosado

Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espimoso Rosado
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Granada
Country: Spain
Year: NV
Price: $3.95

Shop Review: "Rose salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms 'lace' and 'rosary'. In the nose is complex and elegant with rd fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated 'perlage' with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs."

My review: I thought this wine had a very weird smell that I couldn't really get past. I don't know exactly what the smell was or how to describe it, but it wasn't like other wines I've tried. It had one of the most floral tastes I've ever encountered in a wine. I did not enjoy this wine.

This wine was not paired with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment