Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tasting - Ruta 22 Malbec

Name: Ruta 22 Malbec
Variety: 100% Malbe
Region: Patagonia
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7:95

Winery Review: "Stout and dense from the beginning, with blackberry and violet aromas. Despite being a bold and dark Malbec, this is fresh and composed, with sweet blackberry and cassis flavors. Good on the finish, with candied fruit and caramel sweetness."

My Review: I could smell the dark fruit flavors, they were very pungent. The wine was a very pretty, dark red color. It was one of the more sweet reds that I have tasted and wasn't too dry either, like most reds I've had. I normally avoid reds because they always taste too dry. The fruits were as present in the flavor as they had been in the smell. I would definitely buy this wine.

This wine was not paired with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment