Sunday, March 31, 2013

Tasting - Emeri de Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz

Name: Emeri De Bortoli Sparkling Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: South Eastern
Country: Austraila
Year: NV
Price: $9.95
Vintage Cellar Review: "A relatively light, fresh style of sparkling shiraz, with berries and hints of chocolate picking up just a touch of sweet vanilla on the finish"
My Review: This was my favorite wine of the day and probably the best sparkling wine I've ever had. The first thing I noticed as it was being poured was the vibrant red color. It was unlike other reds I've seen and even commented on it to the people around me. I thought it was very light and refreshing and it reminded me of sitting on my back porch in the summer. I am not a huge fan of chocolate so I was nervous when I read the description on this one but the chocolate flavors were so subtle I wasn't turned off. I will definitely buy this in the future, it was delicious and different.
The wine was not paired with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment